Monday, January 2, 2012

Meet Our Petite Dancer of The Year Molly Hofer!

MOLLY HOFER
My name is Molly and I am 8 years old.  I have been taking dance lessons in tap and ballet since I was only 2 years old! As I got older and spent more time my studio, I started to love being a dancer.  Now I take a lot of different classes like ballet, jazz, lyrical, leaps and turns, musical theater, modern and acro!  I went to my first dance competition when I was 4 years old, where I performed in a group dance and my first solo.  It was so much fun!  I loved being on stage, watching the older dancers, and spending time with my dance teachers and friends.  Since that time, I have won many overall titles for my solos and group dances at both regionals and nationals!  The biggest solo award I have ever won was the Petite Dancer of The Year Title at Rainbow Dance Competition National Finals in Wisconsin Dells, WI.  I never imagined that my dancing could take me all the way to Australia!  I am excited and honored to be representing the United States in the Battle of the Countries in 2012.  I want to thank my parents, my brother, and my sister for supporting me when I dance... and I also want to thank my "dance family" at Starstruck Performing Arts Center in Lenexa, KS.  I have learned so much about dance, hard work, and being part of a team from allof my instructors and friends.  
I am also in the third grade and my favorite subjects are spelling, reading, and art.  When I am not dancing, I love to spend time with my family, play the piano, read books, and go to Girl Scouts and activities at my church.  


No comments:

Post a Comment